Google Allo is an Instant Messaging app powered with Artificial Intelligence. Google released Allo to compete with Whatsapp. The war would be almost impossible to win for Google. However Allo has also become the popular IM and crossed over million downloads. A lot of new and amazing features like self-destructive messages and cool stickers are the reasons for the popularity of this app. Allo is available for Android and iOS and a web version. However if you want to run Allo on PC then you can follow this tutorial. Windows PC is actually completely customisable and you can even Play station games on PC if you have access to drivers.
Yes ! It is possible to use Allo on PC and by reading the following tutorial you will be able to know how to get Allo for PC.
How To Use Google Allo App On PC And Mac
Get Allo On Pc Or Mac
There is not much time gone since the app was released. That is why even now there are some of the restrictions for the web version of this app. The app is only supported on the chrome browser. No matter you are using it on pc or mac, the steps to use allo app are:
- Visit the allo web page by using the chrome browser only.
- Allo works only if you are an android user. So to launch the app you will require an android smartphone. Select the “allo for web” from the “hamburger” menu.
- The next steps is to scan the QR code which is present on the browser tab.
- You will automatically be logged in to your account after the scanning of QR codes complete.
Allo Web App For Windows
If you wish to have the standalone app on the desktop, follow these steps. These steps would allow you to use the app even without opening the chrome browser again and again. The steps are:
- Login to the allo account and follow the tutorial.
- On the top right corner, select the 3 dot menu. Click on “more tools” followed by “add to desktop.”
- A popup card would be displayed and you can rename the app if you want. Make sure that “open as windows” is on.
- The app would be displayed on your desktop and you can use it freely as per your own wish and requirements.
- For quick access you can also add the app to either the start menu or task bar.
Allo Web App For Mac
The steps for mac are different from those of the windows. Here are the steps:
- “Coherence 5” app needs to be downloaded and launched.
- Fill the name section of the app by typing “allo” and the URL section needs to be filled with the link of the app.
- To have the logo of the app, before clicking on the next button, select the “get favicon” option. You can also add your own image for the logo by browsing.
- Keep clicking on next until you arrive at the option of having a “standard app.”
- A popup card will again be displayed to inform that your app has been created.
- For using the app you will have to login the app first.
Recommended: Image Optimizer Online Tools
There are a lot of reviews about the google allo app which are mixed. It is only after using it that you get to know how the app is different from the normal messaging or texting app like WhatsApp or Imessage. Google sooner or later will surely launch a desktop version of the app due to the demand. With only trivial issues, you will be able to use the app smoothly. Till then, the above mentioned ways will guide you!